Saturday, January 14, 2006

Screenwriting Fortnight

Many screenwriters have as their New Year resolution to "finish that darn script" or "start that darn script." It's one (or two) of mine, though couched in very broad terms. heh!

Well, if you're needing something to inspire you, how about consider the Screenwriting Fortnight -- two weeks from nothing to a full-length script.

I first saw this over on Adam Renfro's One Slack Martian's blog and it led me to Matthijs Hollemans' This Autumn Evening blog.

Matthijs Hollemans is starting this "contest" which is modeled loosely on the NaNoWriMo for novelists.

The first (perhaps annual) Screenwriting Fortnight starts Saturday, February 4th, and runs until Friday, February 17th, 2006.

The Screenwriting Fortnight is really only a competition against yourself. You don't have to submit your project. However, it might just be the impetus to get you going ... or finishing on that project you've been stewing over for a while.

Screenwriting Fortnight FAQ
Screenwriting Fortnight Sign-up
Screenwriting Fortnight Introduce Yourself

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Whoo, hooo. Hope you're joining us. The worst that could happen is that you will have a first draft done. I'm committed to another project, but I'm going to type like a crazy person for two weeks. I'm doing a little planning right now.

Good luck!

Adam

Sunday, January 15, 2006 4:26:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes!

Despite the fact that I'm an excruciatingly slow writer, I'm going to give it a shot.

Heck, at least I might get a good start on my project. :)

Monday, January 16, 2006 12:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home