Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I am Catwoman, hear me purr!

You may not know this, but, in a previous cyber-life, I was Catwoman.

This was long after Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and even Lee Meriwether all put their stamps on the role. But also well before Michelle Pfeiffer, Adrienne Barbeau (who knew?), and Halle Berry.

My incarnation began even before Sean Young tried to win the role by stalking around the Warner Brothers studio lot in a homemade catsuit in pursuit of Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, and the producers of Batman Returns.

I became Catwoman while I was playing Hollywood Stock Exchange.

Being that I'm obsessively private, I continued this persona even when I helped as webmistress and moderatrix of the late, lamented Wolfesden Actor Exchange. Eventually, I was nagged into revealing a first and, much later, a last name. *pokes CSW*

Of course, a gal never actually stops being Catwoman.

Because of these ties to the clan of Catwomen, I'm always quick to notice any mention of our tribe. Since I'm also interested in the entertainment industry, anything that encompasses both these things, tickles my whiskers.

Imagine my delight at seeing John Rogers' Catwoman Notes post on his Kung Fu Monkey blog. It's an interesting insight into a writer trying to keep the train from wrecking, but only being armed with a feather.

Oh! I think I love him. He showed up at the Razzies to get his award! Should I ever be honoured with a Razzie, I hope I have the grace and good humour to show up and collect it in person.

Monkeys! Catwomen! What more could you ask?

*cough*

Hairball.

^^~

2 Comments:

Blogger Lipp said...

Catwoman tidbit: Lee Meriwether(the 1st Catwoman) was in my Chekhov scene study class a few years ago & referred me to her (my previous) agents & they signed me across the board. Great Lady, great actor.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, wow! How cool.

I saw her in a commercial the other day and she is still looking fantastic. :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home